Sir Winston Churchill author, orator and statesman led Great Britain from the brink of defeat to victory as wartime prime minister. Born in Oxfordshire, England, in 1874, Churchill began serving his country as a military leader in World War I.
- Meditation Instructions: Cultivating Mindfulness and Inner Peace
- 7 Deep Quotes To Inspire and Win 2023
- 7 Strength Quotes Which Will Inspire You
- 10 Powerful Quotes That You Should Follow
- 10 Straightforward Quotes on Self Care
- 8 Important Rules of Life You Need To Know
- 12 Signs You’re Talking To Fake People
- 9 Things That Anyone Should Never Start
- Embracing Self-Improvement: Never Feel Ashamed for These 5 Actions
- Detox Your Mind Using These 6 Tips
As a member of Parliament, his repeated warnings of the menace of Hitler’s Germany, combined with his aggressive and convincing oratory skills, resulted in his appointment to prime minister in 1939.
He joined Franklin D. Roosevelt and Joseph Stalin in 1940 to shape Allied strategy in World War II. An intense patriot and romantic believer in his country’s greatness, Churchill gave his people the strong leadership and devotion that ultimately led to Britain’s military salvation.
He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1953 for his book, The Second World War, and also was knighted the same year.
- The price of greatness is responsibility.
- The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
- Personally, I’m always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
- Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.
- It was the nation and the race dwelling all round the globe that had the lion’s heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar.
- He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
- An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
- Eating words has never given me indigestion
- Nothing is more costly, nothing is more sterile, than vengeance.
- Without courage, all other virtues lose their meaning.
- Politics are almost as exciting as war, and quite as dangerous. In war you can only be killed once, but in politics many times.
- We do not covet anything from any nation except their respect.
- A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.
- There is no finer investment for any community than putting milk into babies.
- It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link in the chain of destiny can be handled at a time.